- Ten islands off the coast of Great Britain
- How to define an Island?
- Beautiful images of an abandoned town
- Island of the Turtle and Land of the Pirates
- Iwo Jima
- How Ireland saved Western Euroupe
- The Island of New Zealand
- The Island of Hawaii: A Day Without Aloha is Just Another Mainland Day
- Glance into Tasmania
- Islands in Literature
Category Archives: magical
In our tour around the twenty islands in Roger Lovegrove’s book Islands we have visited far flung regions of the globe. In addition to simply learning about many obscure and beautiful (or not-so-beautiful) places we have asked ourselves why islands … Continue reading
The Solovetsky archipelago is a group of islands shrouded in a deep and rich history, completely tied to its closeness to Russia. Located in the White Sea in Northern Europe, these islands are far-flung and hard to reach; yet this … Continue reading
Yes! The Never Never Neverland from Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie! It was definitely the place where I wanted to explore when I was young. But where is Neverland? (Let’s pretend we believe it really exists) That’s the answer I have … Continue reading
What story do these images tell us of this island chain in the middle of the Atlantic?