I found this article particularly interesting because of the idea of bringing back a species that is extinct is such an exciting new possibility with modern technology. Pertaining to Wrangel island the article mentions that while most mammoths died off around 10,000 years ago, this animal was preserved on Wrangel for another 7,300 years! If these Wrangel island woolly mammoths were around 3,700 years ago this means they were most likely still living there at the time period advanced civilizations such as ancient Egypt were flourishing. What this exemplifies is how the progression of time is slowed down significantly on Wrangel Island, proving the point that stepping onto this island is comparable to stepping back thousands of years into time.
- Ten islands off the coast of Great Britain
- How to define an Island?
- Beautiful images of an abandoned town
- Island of the Turtle and Land of the Pirates
- Iwo Jima
- How Ireland saved Western Euroupe
- The Island of New Zealand
- The Island of Hawaii: A Day Without Aloha is Just Another Mainland Day
- Glance into Tasmania
- Islands in Literature